Saturday, February 8, 2014

Steal of the Week- Dinnerware

I am so excited about my new dinnerware purchase from Target! Over the past year living here in Auburn, my love for Target has skyrocketed and sometimes I am just amazed how the store stays up-to-date with apparel, shoes, swimwear, home decor, etc.. and not to mention it is easier on the wallet!

Andrew and I have been using the same dinnerware collection from Macy's for the past 6 years (that's how long we have been together (6-1/2 to be exact) and he had it before we met) so needless to say our plates and bowls have slowly begun to make their way out of our cabinets due to broken pieces, chipped, and all of the above. They have been wonderful for us during these years and we couldn't say enough about the Cellar collection at Macy's. 

I have had a recent obsession with scalloped style dinnerware. I do not know a lot about dinnerware, sets that are appropriate, and what exactly is a good price for dishes..(? ) but when I came across the Threshold 16 -piece dinnerware set for 59.99 at Target.. I knew this was for us! Sold to me!! (All of the new Threshold items in the store are so cute!)


I have only purchased one set so far, but I wanted to make sure I had made the right decision. So when I came home and googled scalloped dinnerware.. of course, the beauties below popped up (ONE DAY :)).. but I couldn't help but be proud of my Target find of the week! (Do you love that coffee mug or is it just me?- its okay if it's just me)


The dishes below are at Fish's Eddy in NYC. If you have not visited Fish's Eddy in NY or online I would strongly suggest! (http://www.fishseddy.com) I purchased some fun NYC skyline cocktail glasses during a visit in NYC in November and love them! They have so many cute gifts with great character.



Neiman Marcus 20- piece Scallop Dinnerware Set - love button please.



Pillivuyt Queen Anne Porcelain Dinnerware Place Settings - Williams - Sonoma



We are having a dinner party this Thursday at our home with lots of friends for a Valentine's Day celebration and I cannot wait to use our new Target dishes-- on my way now to buy more! 

Next week I will be sharing photos of the dinner, showing off my awesome talented friends and also sharing with you some of their secret recipes.


http://www.target.com/p/threshold-16-piece-scalloped-dinnerware-set-white/-/A-14172084

Stay Tuned… 


Kaci


No comments:

Post a Comment