Friday, February 21, 2014

Work Trip + A Little Fun

About two months ago I FINALLY got a confirmed work meeting in Charleston, SC and I have been eager for the trip especially since my friend Kristen was going the same week for work (this may or may not have been planned)! So this week was finally time to get out of the house ( I work from home mostly) drive to Charleston and get some things done along with having a little fun. 

Right when we both got to Charleston, I could have easily laid down and took about a 3 hour snooze from my 6 hour drive, but figured I should make the best out of my time in SC. We spent one night in Charleston and the next night in Beaufort (place is amazing…have you been there?)
 We immediately put on our tennis shoes and hit the streets in Charleston popping in beautiful antique shops, art galleries, admiring restaurants and trying to choose which one we would eat at that night…the weather was 78 degrees, no humidity, AMAZING hair day and those days do not come very often.

Here is US!!

The first thing that made the trip immediately interesting was dropping by art gallery Galerie on Broad. If you have not checked out Kate Mullin's (http://www.galerieonbroad.com/#!kate-mullin/crfb) work then check out the website!! Kristen and I ended up talking to Kate who is an Auburn grad and now owner of the gallery! She is a wonderful artist with beautiful paintings and she has acquired other artists in her gallery like Dru Warmath (colorful coastal landscapes), James Richards, and Dee Beard Dean. Next time you are in Charleston, this would be a gallery you do not want to miss! Christmas wish lists!!!

Galerie on Broad 



Our next stop was a gift shop down by the water that had the cutest Lulie Wallace duffel bags. I am sad we did not make it over to Lulie's studio, but these bags made up for it…some. 
I wanted all of them and the price really wasn't that bad! Don't you love that cute fabric. This would be such a cute gift for my friends.




The price tags were even cute! 


A view of our walk..


For dinner we ate at Magnolias on East Bay Street. Everything on the menu looked good, but drinks first, right! We decided on MacMurray Pinot Noir  along with some fried green tomatoes, ahi tuna, and their famous chicken dish. Our service and food were great and I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a date night with your one and only! Thank you, Kristen, for being mine!



We spent the next night in Beaufort. I could take up an entire new post writing about my new love for the place. If you have been there, then you know. If you haven't…

View from Plum's Restaurant in downtown Beaufort.


And this is what you can expect to see EVERYWHERE.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kaci




1 comment: