Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Dinner Party!

I love Valentine's Day. I love flowers. Yes, I love the classic red roses. I love a party. And I love a party even more with party-loving friends. So, a Valentine's Day Dinner Party with flowers and friends sounds just snazzy to me!

Back in January I decided we would have a dinner party on Thursday, February 13th so that if couples wanted to celebrate together on Valentine's Day they could. First, I sent out a paperless post invite just to see if everyone would be interested and I immediately got back responses that ALL 16 could attend. ! My friends are quick….no horsing around.

Here's a preview of the invite:



(apologize for the blur)


We decided that I would make the main dish, a chicken and spinach pasta bake  (http://www.joyouslydomestic.com/2013/04/chicken-and-spinach-pasta-bake.htmland that a few people would make appetizers, a few would bring desserts and one would bring sangria! Everything was so delicious! When I get the recipes from my friends I will post them in the comment section below. 

Here are some pictures from the party! We enjoyed listening to some old school music (Otis Redding radio station is our favorite) on Pandora along with some Boys II Men (recommended by Hollie Hill).          

We had a blast!

                                  I hope you have a wonderful and love filled Valentine's Day.





Publix Flowers. 3 for 12! Count me in!








And this is how he and his mom feel today…



Happy Valentines Day to my handsome Valentine.




XOXO

KACI








3 comments:

  1. What a fun date night idea! The pasta looks delicious; I'll be adding that to my repertoire! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaci-- you are such a great entertainer !! :) This all looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good time! Dondon doesn't look so good! Too much sangria?

    ReplyDelete